• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone mind me commenting here?

lunar jim

WLS wasn't for me, but I'm still really interested in finding out how people are getting on with it. I'll probably have the odd comment, probably encouragement or a question :D

Hi am sure the rest of the wls crew wont mind there are plenty of MM crew who have not had surgery or who are not even considering surgery come and post in this section.
All encouragement more than welcome :):):) well done on ur fab weight loss xx

Hi Jim
I don't mind at all i'm happy to share my experience/progress with you and am happy for you to comment/question. I must have tried every diet in the book and yes successfully lost weight but could never keep it off. I'm actually quite sensitive and insecure at times so people's hurtful comments towards my weight hurt like hell. I also was starting to be limited in what i was being able to do because of my weight so as a last hope i decided to have wls. I had a keyhole bypass(private)just over 5 weeks ago and have lost 32lbs so far next weigh in tomorrow. I had a great surgeon and never suffered any physical pain at any point. Emotionally its been a harder journey getting my head around the enormity of the op and all it means (never had any regrets) and now i feel i'm getting stronger emotionally and feel myself getting very excited at the prospects of acheiving a lot of things i could'nt do pre op. Hope that was helpful Jim and not too much of a ramble lol x Congratulations on your weight loss its fantastic x

Not too much of a ramble at all; like I say, I'm interested in the whole thing and it's cool to hear how you decided to take the plunge! I know all about those hurtful comments I'm afraid...

TBH I've become fascinated by all different sides of dieting since starting this; I've been obese for many years (gawd knows why I didn't do something earlier, too easy to sit on the sofa and eat I guess) but I like seeing how other people are doing. The before and after pictures you see here on MM have helped me loads.

But what has kept me on track I think is the thought of my kids. Like you, I was finding certain things really difficult, especially playing with the kids :( And that's not a good for them or me...

And thank you both for the kind comments :D It's been an emotional journey so far, though I've still got a bit further to go yet, and then KEEP IT OFF (the scary bit I think)

Welcome to WLS forum

I'm still pre op for the next few weeks but then feel free to ask me any questions or comment on any of my posts.

Well done on your weight loss, your looking really good. :)

You say surgery was not for you,out of curiosity,say you regain the weight you have just lost would you then consider it?Are you still on 1000 cals a day?Could you maintain that for the forseeable future?I never could and must of lost 100s of lbs in the last 30 years.Maz

You say surgery was not for you,out of curiosity,say you regain the weight you have just lost would you then consider it?Are you still on 1000 cals a day?Could you maintain that for the forseeable future?I never could and must of lost 100s of lbs in the last 30 years.Maz

Nothing is out of the realm of possibility! I'm still on 1000 cals a day at the moment and I've no intention of staying on that amount in the future. Once into maintenance (the end of November all being well) I'll be taking at least 1500 cals a day, possibly more on some days depending on circumstance.

Once thing I *do* intend to keep up is my gym attendance, which I'm really enjoying! I'd tried a couple of half-arsed attempts at exercise in the past and it just fizzled out after a couple of sessions. But I'm going three times a week at the moment and I hope to keep this going.

Time will tell I guess, but the fact I feel much more healthy than I have for a lot of years, and the pleasure I'm getting from being able to play with my kids and stuff whill hopefully keep me from sinking back into my old ways.

I would love for you to comment just because you have Henry in your signature.

Hi Lunar Jim, you have done so well. And you like Henry Rollins. I saw him a few years ago at Reading. He's great.

Hi Lunar Jim, you have done so well. And you like Henry Rollins. I saw him a few years ago at Reading. He's great.

Thanks Jenni! That's cool, did he do stand up or sing? I'm guessing the latter with it being Reading?

Do you watch Sons Of Anarchy BTW?

Thanks Jenni! That's cool, did he do stand up or sing? I'm guessing the latter with it being Reading?

Do you watch Sons Of Anarchy BTW?

Hi Lunar Jim, yes he was singing which was amazing. He did manage to bring down many thousands of people who were high at the time when he started talking about suicide in great depth and the people he had lost that were dear to him. That bit was very sad and I will never forget the energy leaving a formally psyched up crowd in one big sigh and slump.

What is Sons of Anarchy ? I'm into a lot of punk/rock etc but don't know what this might be. x

Hi Lunar Jim, yes he was singing which was amazing. He did manage to bring down many thousands of people who were high at the time when he started talking about suicide in great depth and the people he had lost that were dear to him. That bit was very sad and I will never forget the energy leaving a formally psyched up crowd in one big sigh and slump.

Good ol' Rollins :D

Guess he'd have talked about Joe Cole, not suicide there though.

What is Sons of Anarchy ? I'm into a lot of punk/rock etc but don't know what this might be. x

It's a TV show about a biker gang by Kurt Sutter (the guy wwho did The Shield). It's filming it's third series at the moment, several episodes of which Henry Rollins will be in.

It's shown on Bravo IIRC in the UK.

Thanks FGS! And looking at your stats, you've had some awesome success :D You must be really pleased with the results (daft statement, of course you are :D )

It is a standing joke in our house that Henry is going to be my 3rd husband. I have travelled all over the world to see him perform, whether singing or spoken word. My twins even have references to him in their middle names. IMHO, he is one of the hottest men in the world.

Back