• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jealousy :(

its taken a lot of guts for me to write this, but after i got turned down for a bypass last year, i didnt come on here much, due to the fact that every time that i read that someone had their op, or had their funding agreed id cry my eyes out and be so miserable and jealous.
its not that im not happy for you lucky ones, i really really am... i just wish it was me.

there its off my chest! :(
thats ok honey :) im the same, i genuinely wish everyone the very best with their ops, but of course i wish i was having mine, its natural, dont beat yourself up :) xxx

Ladies that's so lovely...because I know how I'd feel if it was me.......you're fab!!! If only you could get what you clearly deserve :(

Couldn't put it any better Jo!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I felt exactly the same when my funding was turned down. I wanted to scream at everyone that it wasn't fair. So don't feel bad for that hon.
I got my funding eventually so please don't give up and one day it will be your turn.

oh thank you everyone :) thats made me feel better, i hate been jealous lol because im not that kind of person, its just that i want this more than anything, which you will all totaly understand..x xx

Hi sweetie, see you had an appointment today with the bariatric dietician ... how did that go. Guess not good hence your post, but don't stop trying, honey. You will get there in the end xxx :wave_cry:

im on the flip side i feel sooooooooo guilty that i got my funding so easy i wish with all my heart i could give it so a few on here and i would wait for mine :cry: :cry: :cry:

My BMI was 70 so im guessing that is why i was approved so fast and have already had cancer but it does not make me feel any better to see people on here fighting so flipping hard to get their chance, just one lotto win and i could change so many lives :cry:

im on the flip side i feel sooooooooo guilty that i got my funding so easy i wish with all my heart i could give it so a few on here and i would wait for mine :cry: :cry: :cry:

My BMI was 70 so im guessing that is why i was approved so fast and have already had cancer but it does not make me feel any better to see people on here fighting so flipping hard to get their chance, just one lotto win and i could change so many lives :cry:
oh honey, please dont feel guilty :) some get it easier than others, thats the way the cookie crumbles, be happy that you have a new life :) im happy for you :) xxx oh and i agree with the lottery thingy hahaha now wouldnt that be nice!!!!!!

No need for guilt on your part, Dawn ... you deserve it sooo much ... especially as you are putting all your energy into helping yourself, & seem to be turbo charged in the swimming pool, lol. I'm still doing the lottery every week though for Caren & co xxx :)

yes i saw the dietician today, she thought i was going because i didnt have restriction in my band so i explained it was because im waiting for funding for the bypass, ive seen her before and she lovely, she even recognised me from 8 years ago when i first had my band,

she even rang around for me as ive not heard about my desicion for the funding which was looked at on the 14th november, but she didnt get anywhere, so i just have to wait, i hope to god my letter comes tomorrow, im going round the fricken bend not knowing lol xxxxx

Aw she sounds nice ... not like Carens .... she was vile :( Fingers crossed for good news soon, sugar xxx :):)

vampalicious said:
yes i saw the dietician today, she thought i was going because i didnt have restriction in my band so i explained it was because im waiting for funding for the bypass, ive seen her before and she lovely, she even recognised me from 8 years ago when i first had my band,

she even rang around for me as ive not heard about my desicion for the funding which was looked at on the 14th november, but she didnt get anywhere, so i just have to wait, i hope to god my letter comes tomorrow, im going round the fricken bend not knowing lol xxxxx

I hear and understand every word you have posted xxx

I want to have it that I personally have funding, not just I generally fit the criteria so would get funding :(

It's a hard fight. I am soooo happy for everyone on here. At the same time I feel a bit envious at times. My journey has been so dragged out. I should be a year post op by now when I look at my friends from the same hospital.

We will get there Vamp!! Xxx

Shona, don't feel bad, you need and deserve what you have and we are more than made up for you that your hospital are doing the right thing by you and not making it overly hard xxx

its taken a lot of guts for me to write this, but after i got turned down for a bypass last year, i didnt come on here much, due to the fact that every time that i read that someone had their op, or had their funding agreed id cry my eyes out and be so miserable and jealous.
its not that im not happy for you lucky ones, i really really am... i just wish it was me.

I think your so brave, I really do hope you get operation good luck with it x

I think it's so unfair that it's so hit and miss. My cousin cannot get it from her pct, she lives in a different county. In the new year she is going to pretend to live with my and register with my gp, She is then going to ask to be referred. It's the only way she is likely to get wls. It is so unfair. I hope you all get the answers you want very soon. xx

mariew said:
I think it's so unfair that it's so hit and miss. My cousin cannot get it from her pct, she lives in a different county. In the new year she is going to pretend to live with my and register with my gp, She is then going to ask to be referred. It's the only way she is likely to get wls. It is so unfair. I hope you all get the answers you want very soon. xx

It's a shame it has to come to such a point. Massive good luck to your cousin xxx

vampalicious said:

Vamp hun...I know how you feel. I have my funding after a lot of ups and downs and almost everyday I saw people in different areas literally sail through it ... Of course I was genuinely thrilled for the people who secured their funding, But it would always tinged with jealousy . I would ask 'why haven't I got mine yet ' and had a few restless nights thinking about it... The strange thing is that now I have funding, I feel really bad that I see other people like yourself, Fuffs & Caren to name but a few, still fighting to get what they NEED and want so badly.
I was found to have obstructive Sleep Apnoea in July and this was the main reason I got my funding ... Even my
Own GP said that getting OSA was a good and bad thing at the same time ! I have to say that my GP has been brilliant to me and without his support I'd have got nothing... He even spoke to a lady at the PCT and said " stop messing him about and give him his funding!! "

The point is I HAD to get a potentially life threatening Illness to get what I want... This is a joke and it really needs to be looked at..

I wish you and everyone all the best in getting funding.

Take care

Andy xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I fought hard for 6 months to get my funding with full support from my GP who had to write on numerous occasions and kept appealing the 'computer says no' decisions before we finally secured the precious 'yes' letter in April 2010.

Once I got my funding I spent many days and weeks being frustrated at how quickly people's journey's were progressing while I was sitting twiddling my thumbs waiting for appointments that were more than 8 months away. Then, when I finally got the nod this summer, I was a bit like a jumpy young foal eager to run on legs missing their co-ordination!!

Now I am just a couple of weeks away from my surgery and it's hard to believe I'm towards the end of this part of my journey and that 2012 will represent a new start for me and a new body will be mine come the summer.

For all those people who are still travelling the rocky path of obtaining funding I would say, if you fulfil the criteria for your PCT, then keep at it and eventually you will succeed.

Tatiana

Thanks for your encouraging posts Andy and Tatiana :)

I think the key definitely is don't give up!!!

Now back to stalking the postie tomorrow lol xxx

Back