• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New

Cass19

Hi
I’m new to this so please bear with me, I have not been able to attend any meetings, due to work compliments, but as I am due to have surgery on the 31st, I’ve just realised I’ve got the collywobbles.
I keep saying to my wife, that I am fine and not at all worried, but as the date gets closer (OMG)
Anyhow I am not sure what i am looking for, just a bit of encouragement i think, and the knowledge that there are lots of other people who have gone through this and come out fine. Never thought I would be looking forward to being half the man I am......................

Hi
I’m new to this so please bear with me, I have not been able to attend any meetings, due to work compliments, but as I am due to have surgery on the 31st, I’ve just realised I’ve got the collywobbles.
I keep saying to my wife, that I am fine and not at all worried, but as the date gets closer (OMG)
Anyhow I am not sure what i am looking for, just a bit of encouragement i think, and the knowledge that there are lots of other people who have gone through this and come out fine. Never thought I would be looking forward to being half the man I am......................

Hey there, Hello and welcome too the forum............. what your going through is completely normal, happened too all of us.:D:D:D:D Wishing u all the best and speedy and painfree recovery xxxx

Hi

Hi Cass and welcome to the forum, theres lots of support here so i hope you find it usefull, im 10 weeks post op bypass and i love it, where do you live and which surgeons doing your op, its normal to have mixed emotions at this stage but you will be fine and this will change your life in many aspects, good luck and i look forward to hearing all about how it went once its all been done.

Liz xx

hiya i am the same as you mine is the 29th and as soon as i open my eyes its all i think about i know its the best for me because of my health and look crap in any clothes i buy and i cant wait to take my kids swimming and buy nice clothes luv and hugs emma xx

:welcome2:Wishing you all the very best and hoping that all goes well for you. Sending every good wish.

How much weight are you hoping to lose?

We'll help in any way we are able... take care and be sure to rest and relax...

Sending a warm hug and best wishes, Bev xxx

Welcome to you Cass and as a Mr Ammori patient who went through bypass surgery in Oct 2010 I can assure you he is "THE BEST SURGEON!" I was fine and know loads and loads of other who are fine too :D Chillax and enjoy the ride and then we can call you Arthur.......Arthur Man ;) XX

hi cass and welcome you've come to the right place we are all here to help eachother though the tough and good times you will be fine im having thoughts like that myself and i havent got half way there yet to my op lol, sending hugs x

Hi Cass and welcome.. everyone is lovely.. and its normal to be anxious... good luck with your surgery.. if you have any queries.. fire away.. someone on the forum is bound to know...lol... xx

no need to feel alone anymore luv we all are or have been through the same thing so chin up and just think how much healthier we will be and all the sexy moves on the dance floor we will be able to make with out putting our backs out haha xx

howdy Cass :D ive got my surgery soon too and for about 3 weeks, i was very frightened and scared...just talking it out with other people has really helped :) My ops soon and honestly im now focusing on the positive.

Being healthier
Being slimmer
Feeling better about myself
my thighs not chaffing anymore
not getting hot and sweaty every time i walk

and the list just goes on!! think of your own list and focus on it!

What op are you having and where?

x

Do keep us updated on how youre getting on

Hi and :welcome: I had my bypass done with the fantastic Mr Ammori last September and am 5 1/2 stone down.Good Luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.

It's Here

Well, the day has come a lot quicker than anticipated Tomorrow Monday 31st Jan 2011 is the big day. I go into Salford Royal at 7am, and sometime during the day have my Bariatric bypass surgery, I am full of trepidation, anxiety, and disquiet. Am I doing the right thing goes through my mind at least 25 times a minute. Well no time now for mind changing, I just think more and more about the positives, and how much better my life will be after. God am I doing the right thing, see there it goes again, I keep trying to find things to do to take my mind off it, but it has no effect. Viva the revolution.

Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss surgery. I think its quite normal to worry, i know i will, im due mine in the next 4 to 6 weeks and im worried already. Good Luck love. xxx
Good luck with yours, just think how great things will be after, just like I'm trying to do

Hi cass,

I too had my op at Salford royal last sept.
Try not to worry top much,I know it's hard but your in great hands, Salford will look after you they are very good.
I was under dr ammori too, but had a great lady surgeon who did my operation.
I'm almost 5 stones less now and it's the best thing I've ever done!
Take care,and if there's anything you need to know message away!
Good luck x

good luck Cass :) Try and remember all those things that brought you to this journey in the first place and how having this surgery is going to help.

One thing im looking forward to my thighs not chaffing when i wear a skirt! its the little things that will make a difference.

will be thinking of you x

Back