• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any nice recepies for puréed stage

How are you doing?

Awe, you have lost 2 stone and thats fantastic. I had MGB, and hated the puree phase, every mouthful tastes the same, but it was only 2 weeks for me. I am from the north and we have potato hash which is basically, mince beef, onions, boil up with oxo, add sliced carrots, then diced potatos, cook til potatos are soft and a good squeeze of brown sauce in is good spice too, this tasted the best blitzed with the stick blender of everything I ate, I also zapped casseroles done in slow cooker, made haddock chowder, and if you like fish, get frozen fish in parsley sauce, zap that. My surgery was in Belgium, and the surgeon tells you to have Dutch biscuits, crispbakes from sainsburys are OK, and you can put low fat cheese spread (the seriously strong one is nice) asda do 70% reduced fat philadelphia style own brand cheese, you can have that as well as smoked mackerel or salmon pate, gets the protein in, I also found high protein soups in asda, 20g protein a serving, might be too much in a carton but you could split. My surgeon also suggests b/fast, lunch and evening meal with snacks in between. I ate 100g of the skyr high protein yoghurts, to get the protein in. Hope this helps and it's weird as you aren't hungry, you have to remember to eat to heal your body. I didn't always manage the snacks and many days no where near enough liquids, but keep trying. I think if you get the food in, you might feel a bit better I had a poached salmon steak last night and asparagus, I cannot tell you how nice it tasted and I was full. There's light at the end of the tunnel and if you don't eat the meals, the metabolism will slow right down and weight loss too, Hope you feel better and good luck xx

Blitz the tins of beans with sausages. Really tasty - plenty protien

Cauliflour and broccoli blitzed with s hand blender with laughing cow cheese

Corned beef hand blended with tinned tomatoes

Tins of lentil or chickpea curry hand blended - this is really tasty and great fibre protien too

This is s hard stage - I'm back there myself after an emergency band removal last week - but it does not last for ever xx good luck

Back