• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bucks PCT

Yvessa

Have just been told by my GP that Bucks PCT are refusing all applications for WLS. Apparently I was one of the last ones through the gate as it were. People heavier than me are being refused, even on exceptional circumstances.

Yvessa said:
Have just been told by my GP that Bucks PCT are refusing all applications for WLS. Apparently I was one of the last ones through the gate as it were. People heavier than me are being refused, even on exceptional circumstances.

Wow! So sad for the new people. But so happy you got through Yve xxx

Just spoke to a lady on fb and she says that they are still funding, but people have to complete a 12 months weight managment programme and fit a strict criteria. So thats kind of good news

Interesting cos that's not what the PCT told my doctor. And he is pretty up with it.

thats what I told the lady. But she said 50 people alone this month have been approved by Bucks PCT. And that it was bad form filling that causes many people to be turned down.

So I acquiesced and deleted my post. Who am I to argue?

But you seem to have a good GP. So thought they would know....

pleased you made it through Yve, sorry for some of those that haven't but there isn't much we can do about that. xx

God hope they haven't made a mistake at the hosp then about my funding being approved wonder if it's worth giving my gp a call?

Worth checking although I had the conversation with GP today. He just said that no matter what he tried they said they wouldn't fund WLS anymore.

Although you won't be under bucks most like you will be under MK

Worth checking although I had the conversation with GP today. He just said that no matter what he tried they said they wouldn't fund WLS anymore.

I'd check with the PCT if possible. I had a GP who constantly refused to put me forward for WLS as he said my BMI wasn't high enough (it was 65 at that time); I wasn't old enough (I was 46) and I didn't have anything wrong with me casued by my weight - he actually said that our local PCT would only fund for over 65's with diabetes and a BMI over 70!!!

He was talking a load of bumkum - but he genuinely believed what he was saying, apparently he had had a discussion with a colleague at some training 'thing' and that is what he had been told the #new rulings' were..

That's sage advice Jamast, but I have to say I have every confidence in my GP. He is supremely proactive, almost to a fault and can convince me even when I'm not inclined to agree with anyone.

That's sage advice Jamast, but I have to say I have every confidence in my GP. He is supremely proactive, almost to a fault and can convince me even when I'm not inclined to agree with anyone.

I know what you mean - I loved (in a very platonic way of course lol) my old GP. He was fab in many, many ways, but a bit of a prat when it came to listening to colleagues lol. x

Jamast said:
I'd check with the PCT if possible. I had a GP who constantly refused to put me forward for WLS as he said my BMI wasn't high enough (it was 65 at that time); I wasn't old enough (I was 46) and I didn't have anything wrong with me casued by my weight - he actually said that our local PCT would only fund for over 65's with diabetes and a BMI over 70!!!

He was talking a load of bumkum - but he genuinely believed what he was saying, apparently he had had a discussion with a colleague at some training 'thing' and that is what he had been told the #new rulings' were..

Every member of staff I spoke to at my hospital told me the wrong criteria for my PCT. Even told me my PCT had their own criteria wrong. They had an agenda. Not sure what. But it wasn't savoury.

Yve already has funding and her op is next week. So her GP had nothing to gain.

So the info has to have some truth in it.

The lady on the forum was very firm in knowing everything about Bucks. Even how many people had been funded this month and how many apply each year. It's all very perplexing! Xxx

Back