• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Gain :(

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
:cry:Well, Ive had my first gain.

I went to London with hubby and during that time I went to 3 restaurants, I didn't go mad but did choose slider foods as a treat. I walked miles during this time and thought it would even out. WRONG. I gained 3lbs and I am gutted. It just reminds me of all the despair of yo-yoo dieting. We are home now and it I have started the day back on track.

It has served as a warning to me that for me, exercise, while great, is not enough. It is so unfair that my OH ate what he wanted -including 10 Krispy Kreme donuts, did virtually no walking and gained not one pound.

I'm so angry with myself.:wave_cry:

aww, hun it's so unfair isn't it?
i'm only just post op so cant offer any advice i'm afraid. but it sounds as though you know what to do and your back on track.
keep it up xx

get the tape measure out hun you have probably lost quite a few inches !

Dont be angry with yourself, its done now, kick yourself up the derriere if you really must and this week is a new one.
You will be fine, good luck :D

this is why the surgery is so good. i bet before the op you would of felt you had failed and carried on then your 3lb could have become 3 stones, i know thats exactly what happens to me. but you are able with wls as your tool get back on and off you go..... your 3lb will be gone before you know it. pleased you had a good time while though you have to live. good luck ;) Bridie X

thinking about it don't 'normal, non fatties' put on a few lbs on holiday? soon comes off again though and it will for you too.

your soon be back in the swing of things, you enjoyed yourself thats the main thing and sure it will come off again quite quickly. can i ask what you ate?

Strict diet and exercise and you will have that 3lb off in a week. Then you can look back and remember what a good weekend you had and forget about the gain.

your soon be back in the swing of things, you enjoyed yourself thats the main thing and sure it will come off again quite quickly. can i ask what you ate?

Well, over 5 days I ate 4 plums, 2 small tubs of cherries, I tub of blue berries, 3 Splendips, a mexican meal of refried beans, salad, onion rings, and sweet tortilla and icecream (first sweet thing in months - boy did I have a sugar rush!), I had curried vegetables and two poppadoms at an Indian, 6 weetabix and the same Mexican meal as above (went with sister first time then took OH as it was so good!). During this time I walked about 7 miles +.

Today I have had a small amount of porridge and feel full. So back to normal there.

Yeah, I guess normal people do put on weight during their hols. It's a wake up call I think about how much I really need my band. It was so depressing to see the scales go up, you know how it is when in the time b4 WLS this would have been the start of the slippery slope and back to gaining weight blah blah.

Thankyou all for being supportive. I feel so frustrated with myself.

Well, over 5 days I ate 4 plums, 2 small tubs of cherries, I tub of blue berries, 3 Splendips, a mexican meal of refried beans, salad, onion rings, and sweet tortilla and icecream (first sweet thing in months - boy did I have a sugar rush!), I had curried vegetables and two poppadoms at an Indian, 6 weetabix and the same Mexican meal as above (went with sister first time then took OH as it was so good!). During this time I walked about 7 miles +.

Today I have had a small amount of porridge and feel full. So back to normal there.

Yeah, I guess normal people do put on weight during their hols. It's a wake up call I think about how much I really need my band. It was so depressing to see the scales go up, you know how it is when in the time b4 WLS this would have been the start of the slippery slope and back to gaining weight blah blah.

Thankyou all for being supportive. I feel so frustrated with myself.

wow you put ON weight eating just that in 5 days? i'm in trouble then cuz sounds like a reasonable diet to me!!??

wow you put ON weight eating just that in 5 days? i'm in trouble then cuz sounds like a reasonable diet to me!!??

Yes, I felt it wasn't totally unreasonable. Particularly as OH ate so soooo much and gained nothing. When I was with him going places we caught the tube. The rest of the time I walked. AND those Krispy Kreme donuts that he ate. It is SO unfair. Grrrr.

Hi there,

Fruit is very high in calories, and my surgeon only allows me to have the equivalent of a small apple at any one time (it can be different fruit but should be no bigger in qty)

I used to eat loads of fruit at the beginning and this is where I went wrong.

Quantity examples are:

8 Strawberries
10 Grapes
1 Satsuma
1 Kiwi
2 plums

He then went on to say, treat fruit as a real treat. Vegetables are better for banders. I now have fruit once or twice a week instead of a day LOL.

But remember also....

You were on holiday, a time when you are meant to be enjoying yourself.

Just because we are banded does not mean we have to be so hard on ourselves, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. So there will be times where we over indulge but guess what...

THAT'S NORMAL!!!! It's what everyone else does.

As long as you know that when you go off on hols, you might put a few pounds on but know that once home, you will get them off again and then some.

Why is it people with bands still seem so scared and tense about food and small gains?

I have had loads of ups and downs but I only ever look at the overall figure of what I have lost in total.

That is my inspiration.

Thanks Caz, I didn't realise that about fruit. I think I feel nervous about the band and this weight gain is that I still don't trust myself or even the band fully, that's why I'm normally so careful - and on edge really. I am just so scared of not losing weight - this is deep inside my subconscious I think after years of yo-yoing if you see what I mean x

Try not to worry about the 3 lbs you have done so well. It doesn't sound to me that you were too bad over 5 days. Maybe it is a bit of fluid retention as well. Take care and that 3lbs will be off again before you know it.

Thanks Caz, I didn't realise that about fruit. I think I feel nervous about the band and this weight gain is that I still don't trust myself or even the band fully, that's why I'm normally so careful - and on edge really. I am just so scared of not losing weight - this is deep inside my subconscious I think after years of yo-yoing if you see what I mean x

Well I think you are doing fantastic and you look really brilliant too...look deep inside and pull on the strength you have already shown, you are more confident than you believe.

I think all us girls and boys are amazing, strong people and we should all learn to accept and love who we are. Now. From today. And learn to let go of all our past negativity.

Life is too short and precious to doubt ourselves.

meant to say I like the new photo

Thankyou, that's really nice of you. I'm pleased with my weight loss so far and to finally have a photo where I look comfortable in my own skin. I am looking for"Before" pictures in order to show the difference, (this is my "half-way" pic). x

Hi Jenni

I was in London the week before last at my Sisters and I didn't lose any weight when I thought I would have as we walked miles and miles with her 2 children whilst there as they have some lovely parks near by...I even rode a bicycle for the first time since I can't remember when, but I also ate 'easy food' just so family could see that I do still actually eat :rolleyes: and also partook in some wine so figure that if I hadn't done so much walking I probably would have gained too :eek:

but hey...I enjoyed it :cool: and hope you did too. That 3lb will soon come off again :hug99:

Back