• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T I`M GOING TO BUY A CAR .

It would be like getting an elephant into a mini me getting into a small car lol

My husband bought me a lovely new car in March and I hardly drive it...It's not that I am ungrateful, I am truly grateful but my tummy gets in the way now...This new car is low and I have to have the seat so forward or my feet don't hit the pedals.

We used to have a large jeep and that was easy for me to drive as it was high up and the steering wheel was positioned in a way that made it easy to drive.

(((hugs)))

Hi Everybody
I`m going to Belfast tomorrow to buy a Toyota Corolla car its a 1994 and I going to pay £475 for it but the insurance for it is £818.49 for a 50 year old woman . Isn't that awful but hopefully it will be a lot cheaper next year . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret, have you tried directline.co.uk for an insurance quote or even open & direct, they are usually very good with their prices

Can I also ask what O/T means in the front of some threads???

hi kate O/T means OFF TOPIC xxx

Corolla is low insurance group - how come you are paying so much? Have you been naughty and had a ban or got loads of points? Or are you in a really bad postcode sector for car theft?

I would try confused.com etc and see if you can get a more competitive quote.

Hi Margaret

Why is the insurance that high?...Are you a new driver?

Good luck with the car.

Take care n (((hugs)))
Hi Snow
I passed my driving test 19 years ago but I was on Michael`s insurance all them years . But now me and him are split up I have to start off from a fresh that's why its so high . I got a wee bargain he was looking £475 and I got it for £275 so that was OK . Thank you and take care hun .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret, have you tried directline.co.uk for an insurance quote or even open & direct, they are usually very good with their prices

Can I also ask what O/T means in the front of some threads???
Hi Kate
I had to ask the other day what O/T meant as well and Liz told me as well . I`v gone with Quinn Direct because Michael is with them and I got a discount with them . Take care .
Margaret xx

Corolla is low insurance group - how come you are paying so much? Have you been naughty and had a ban or got loads of points? Or are you in a really bad postcode sector for car theft?

I would try confused.com etc and see if you can get a more competitive quote.
Hi TPT
No I have no points and I`m a good driver its the postcode where I live the isn't much car theft I don't think . The is a river runs through the city on the Waterside the insurance is about £200 or £300 cheaper than the city side where I live but I think its the insurance people wants more money off us . Take care .
Margaret xx

bargain marge ! you out cuisin tonight then ? :D

Hi Gaynor
I`m to fat for them small cars lol . Toyota's are good cars and I hope I can get a few years out of it . Take care .
Margaret xx

I know what you mean Margaret. I drive a volvo, a good strong car to carry my weight lol.

LOl, My first car was a Corsa, but I was much smaller myself then. My last 2 cars were MPV and I loved the space.

My daughter kept saying to me to get a smaller car. I thought about the price of petrol also, so earlier this year I went for a Ford C-Max and now I regret it, back to the larger car in future.

Have a wonderful time in your new car! I would kill for a smaller car. I drive a giant Chrysler Grand Voyager.

Hi Liz
I was all ways on Michael`s insurance but now I have to stand on my own two feet lol or four tyres . So I have to start off from scratch . The insurance was always higher over here than the mainland . Take care .
Margaret xx

don't get me started on tyres :eek: :rant2:

Good Luck with your new Car, I always liked the toyota Corolla's when I was younger.
I Just Traded my little mini cooper in today for a Landrover freelander, Had one last year then decided I fancied a change so bought a mini cooper, But Now seeing as I'm a Granny lol, Thought it would be best to get another big car to fit the pram in.
Hope you have many happy hours behind the wheel.

I drive a renault megane, you know the one!!! "I see you baby shakin your arse" and I love it. My sister is 51 and having a mid life crysis she`s just bought a sports merc convertable. Its so beauuuuuuuuutiful in black with cream leather. But hey!! ime quite happy with my meg. Beats me how they all drive with the roof down bloody well freezing:8855::8855::8855:L.O.L G.m

Back