• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Nervous!

Gems123

Is it normal to be really, really nervous and wondering if you have made the right decision, I keep reading and reading and my nerves are getting the better of me, am not sleeping, am due to be banded on 21st May, have paid for the surgery and am now wondering, is this the right decision!

Did you all go through this before you had your surgery?

I just keep looking for re-assurance as I can't seem to get my nerves under control :confused:

Hi Gems, I'm being sleeved on the 19th and I'm a wreck. Talking to my friend who is 2yr post sleeve, everything I'm saying this week is what she said pre-op too, so I'd say its normal to be nervous. It's a big step, and something so different from what I'm used to. I feel sadness and a sense of failure that I couldn't do this myself and terror incase something goes wrong. Thankfully, the excellent posts in here are reassuring me a little. Good luck to you xx

Hi Gems, I'm being sleeved on the 19th and I'm a wreck. Talking to my friend who is 2yr post sleeve, everything I'm saying this week is what she said pre-op too, so I'd say its normal to be nervous. It's a big step, and something so different from what I'm used to. I feel sadness and a sense of failure that I couldn't do this myself and terror incase something goes wrong. Thankfully, the excellent posts in here are reassuring me a little. Good luck to you xx

Hi Lisa-Em, thanks for the post, I think looking at the forum it is pretty normal to be nervous, I am just getting myself in a pickle, I keep thinking what happens if something goes wrong in surgery, I would have been better off staying over weight!

That's my thoughts exactly. My rational brain (and research on things going wrong) tells me there's a tiny chance of a leak or worse. Unfortunately, at the minute it's being drowned out by nerves! I cried in M&S this morning when I was buying new nightwear cos I'm so scared. Goodness knows what the poor woman serving me thought!! X

I can relate to that totally, my partner thinks I am a crazy woman!
I can't sleep, can't eat, and keep thinking about what will happen if it all goes wrong, I have to start my milk diet on Monday and am not looking forward to it, purely because I know it will only be a week till the op, I am 80% terrified of the surgery and 20% so, so excited to have a chance to get rid of the weight and the sleep apnoea I am suffering with!

Hi Gems, nerves are normal, I was sleeved 4 days ago in the Czech Republic, I think when you wake from any anaesthetic you feel a bit low, but I have no regrets at all in fact I think I have taken a really pro active positive step forward in helping me, my health and my family, conventional methods of weight loss did not work for me and I needed more support, WLS is that support, we still need to work at it, good luck, I'm sure you will be fine xxx

Hi Gems, nerves are normal, I was sleeved 4 days ago in the Czech Republic, I think when you wake from any anaesthetic you feel a bit low, but I have no regrets at all in fact I think I have taken a really pro active positive step forward in helping me, my health and my family, conventional methods of weight loss did not work for me and I needed more support, WLS is that support, we still need to work at it, good luck, I'm sure you will be fine xxx

Thanks, and congratulations on your surgery, am glad to hear you don't regret it! x

Hi yes completely normal i could not sleep/eat due to nerves but i've had no regrets it's the best decision i've made.

RainbowSprinkles what did you have?

I kept thinking it was not for me after I had paid & booked, I kept thinking I would cheat the band and I wouldn't have the willpower.... but I still knew I was definitely going through with it. I could not be happier these last 4 weeks (3 days post op excluded obviously) I feel like I have a new chance at everything.

Best of luck xx

my fears and nerves were HUGE before my op, but I knew at the time it was the right decision and not once have I regretted it in anyway since!

Thanks girls, it is so nice being part of this forum, people are really helpful and offer great advice, will try not to worry too much, have pre-op tomorrow at 9am, hope all goes well.

good luck :)

I kept thinking it was not for me after I had paid & booked, I kept thinking I would cheat the band and I wouldn't have the willpower.... but I still knew I was definitely going through with it. I could not be happier these last 4 weeks (3 days post op excluded obviously) I feel like I have a new chance at everything.

Best of luck xx

Hey Mrsstreet, how did the surgery go, are you on the mend?
x

Gems, I to am feeling all the same things as you, this site is fab i keep thinking all the things going wrong etc but stay positive with help from the wonderful people on here who share their success, I'm due to be banded on 21st, xxx

Gems, I to am feeling all the same things as you, this site is fab i keep thinking all the things going wrong etc but stay positive with help from the wonderful people on here who share their success, I'm due to be banded on 21st, xxx

Rach33, you are right its a good way to stay positive, I'm a 21st Band girl too, here's to us! x

Deffo heres to us gems!
There seems to be a lot having it done on the 21st, or maybe I just notice more as that's our date too.
X

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm shitting a brick here. Even though I know that I need an op anyway - cos I'm having my Gall Bladder removed as well- I keep thinking I'm going to fail like on all the previous diets. I so want this to work!

Back