• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update on rkimmage

Thanks All, was a bit sick last night which wasnt nice, but had a painish free nights sleep. had a few bursts of stomach pain and cramp today, and I am also finding it difficult to get the medication down.
I have been eating although I have NO appetite whatsoever. eating mainly because I know I have to. had milky oats for breaky, a small portion of soup with melted cheese in it (for protein), and lots of fluids, mainly water.
I am still feeling bloated after the surgery, but I am sure it will all pass when the swelling etc goes away. :)

Are you allowed to eat already? Are you not on a liquid diet? Glad to hear you are not feeling too much pain.
Yes, this is a bit confusing for me, as I was visited by the dietician and consultant in Hospital Post Op, and they talked me through what I am aloud to eat from leaving hospital for 2/3 weeks, they gave me week by week diet sheets, and this is what I am aloud at the moment.

Natural Yogurt with fruit juice mixed
Cheese on Toast
Soup with purified meat in it
Soup with melted cheese in it
weetabix
Porridge
crushed cerial
fruit juice with No added sugar
sugar free semolina or custard
Milk
Coffee or Tea (No Sugar)

Alot better than I thought I'd be aloud

Wow sounds like things went according to plan. i assume each case is different regarding eating post op. Does it feel wierd not being hungry? hope you start losing soon xxxx:)

excellent x

I had a bad night last night, I felt really sick, and had a throbbing headache, and my tummy felt quite tender. feeling much better today though. had some weetabix with warm milk for breaky, and a jar of baby fruit mixed with yoghurt for lunch.
I can feel the weight coming off day by day, I will have to weigh myself soon. ;)

Thanks. I am feeling much better now, and have almost stopped taking painkillers, I am getting an appetite, and leaning about my food.
I am going out to tesco to see what's on offer today, mainly for the fresh air and to get out of the house, but all in all......feeling great!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Excellent news x

hope you find something tasty in tesco, sounds like you are doing really well. How long before do you think you will weigh yourself? I am going nowhere near my scales because if I haven't lost I aint going to make it through another week of fluids!
I am getting weighed tomorrow morning by the practice Nurse at my Doctors surgery. I am pretty confident that I have lost some in the last week as I can feel it in my clothes. but if I havn't then I know it will soon start to come off. :)

Well I have just been weighed at my local surgery, and I am now 23 stone 10 Pounds. I was 25 stone 9 days ago in Hospital and I was 27 stone 10 pounds on 18/11/09, so I am pretty pleased. :) :D

Yes, I'm really chuffed, I certainly didn't expect to lose 1.5 stone in little over a week. :)

Back