• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

very hungry

moe

:confused: hi

today is the first day that i feel fed up, i really thought that i would be able to have my breakfast and that would last me until lunchtime and then i had a bowl of soup and i thought that would last me until tea time, but not today this is my second week post banding so still on liquid, even though i am having a weetabix for breakfast as was having bad constipation.

i have just rang up about having a band fill and they said i would not be ready for a fill until october and then only if everything is ok with the xray.

any post banders out there can you tell me if what i am feeling is normal what would you call an average amount to eat in a day for the liquid two weeks.

and just to top it all i have not lost any more weight, i think thats why i feel low, i still feel fat and frumpy

moe

Can't help with the band, but I can help with the constipation :D Get yourself some benefibre and have a good spoonful every day. It regulates you whichever way you've gone, and dissolves completely in any drink so you can't taste or see it.

Amazing stuff, it really works well.

Can't help with the band, but I can help with the constipation :D Get yourself some benefibre and have a good spoonful every day. It regulates you whichever way you've gone, and dissolves completely in any drink so you can't taste or see it.

Amazing stuff, it really works well.

Hi Moe I can't help as not had surgery yet but I know how it feels to feel low, chin up things will get better and remember we are all here for you......(((hugs))) Linda x

hi moe..
i cant beleive they said october.. they were letting other ladies have xray and fills 3-4wks post op
i am still hungry and its getting worse everyday..
i feel empty alltime and its making me feel very sick.
when is your xray hun?
did you tell them you are hungry?

Hi Moe,
It is standard practice not to get a fill for at least 6 weeks post-op as your band needs time to settle and for it to have completely healed into place.
Don't forget you are still on liquids - when you start on mush it will help. I took liquids as a very loose term and was having yoghurts, soups, smoothies, slimfast, egg custard, milky coffee, tea, and so on and made sure at last 1500mls went down a day - the more you take the fuller you will feel.
It is normal for your appetite to start returning, although it is still early for you, perhaps you are not drinking enough or perhaps you body is telling you it is time to try mush??
I started on scrambled eggs, or a frozen cod portion mushed up well with lots of sauce, ready brek and took it from there.
Good luck :)

sorry to hear your having bad day moe im not there yet so cant really advise but sending you a hug as im pre op dieting and wanting to chew my arm off at the moment being hungry sucks! big virtual hugs for you

You are doing really well and it will get easier i promise. Keep positive and think of all the rewards of you hard work. xx

Perfectly Normal. Don't fret !! Hunger returns with a vengeance in some cases. mine was a while tho BUT it is normal. If your hungry eat an extra soup or have some yoghurt. Don't deny yourself ...you don't have too. I don't mean gorge but if your hungry have something a bit more substantial. i had cottage cheese a few weeks in and was very filling. Everyone is different so just make sure you don't over eat tho as somepeople get sick or hinder the recovery etc and remember are u really hungry or is your mind telling u to eat ? Hard i know but this is part of the change we have to go thru. But don't fret pet !! all is ok and will be ok. Your fill will be due when its the right time. Take time to get used to this ...don't rush and all will become clear i assure u xxxx

Back