• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! I'm on day 2 post op! Nice to meet you all!

NeonRaven891

I had my surgery (NHS) on Monday. I'm on day 2 post-op. I'm find taming medicationso the most difficult part. The forceval just "forced it all up". I also find that I'm afraid to eat any soup because I'm scared of throwing up or eating to much. I'm not hungry at all so getting nutritious liquid seems like a chore.

Any advice?

Hello, @NeonRaven891

Firstly, as you have most likely seen, this site isn't as busy as it once was! I myself haven't posted since 2022 so... People pop up every now and again but... Expect replies to be scarce and sporadic.

Which operation did you have? I had a gastric sleeve and was told not to take forceval until at least 2 weeks after surgery! Whilst I did mistakenly take one a few days after surgery, that was not advised as I should have been on a liquid only diet for a couple of weeks to allow my pouch to heal. Then it was 2 weeks of pureed food and then 2 weeks of soft, fork mashable food! Then, and only then was I allowed to start trying slightly more solid food that required chewing such as a boiled egg. It was a long process but definitely worth it in the long run.

Your experience may be different depending on what surgery you had but, take your time. Take it slow and stick to the meal plan your team 'should' have given you.

Take care and good luck!

Firstly welcome to the losers bench. As Kev said (lovely to hear from you Kev, would love to know how life’s treating you these days)
it is a very different forum to a few years ago Which is such a shame because it really helped me.
I wasn’t given Forceval so I’m unable to comment on that but I will say every hospital is different and a lot does depend on your type of surgery, I had a gastric bypass. I do recall taking my regular medication challenging in the early days and even now when I take them with a drink of water my pouch seems to think I’m eating and drinking at the same time and becomes very vocal, just loud grumbling noises 😂 (with a bypass your not to eat and drink within half an hour of each other) If you are struggling with what your team have advised you should contact them for advice. It’s early days but be patient, stick with it and you won’t regret it.
good luck

Back