• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last night i visited hell on earth....

phatmomma

Last night i visited hell on earth.... Some of you might know it better as the gym.

Me and OH had our induction where they show us how to use the machines... Five minutes on the treadmill and looking n feeling great.. Two minutes on the stair climbing thingy and i was dying inside...

Well we managed another twenty minutes walking/cycling etc and then staggered downstairs and home... Got up this morning feeling fine, walked up the three flights of stairs to my office, went down to collect something and wondered how the heck i'd make it to the top again lol...

Still if it helps me recover from my operation (when i get it) easier and gets me in the mind frame for exercising after then it will be worth every aching kneecap lol..

Just thought i'd share xx

Aww :(

Just keep thinking about the positives babe. I admire you o much going to the gym, i just dont have the self belief for it.

Maybe a home work out dvd would suit me better...

:) xxxx

good for you julie lol it will get easier im sure x iv just done half hour on my running machine and feel like iv done 24 hours! going to build up slowly , keep it up babe you will be loving your visits to hell on earth very soon im sure x

Well done hun!! I'm extremely proud of you!!! I did walk past the gym today and very nearly went in! Next time!!!

julie if by going to the gym gets you to where i was pre op and gives you the recovery and journey i have had post op because of yr efforts to get fit good luck. I really believe that my recovery has been as good as it was because i was so fit.
take care
carole

Well done you!

Makes a lot of sense what Carol (hopeless case) has said...the fitter now, the better your recovery.

(((hugs)))

Brilliant babe well done you.

I joined my local gym last week and have been twice now. Chuffin heck I forgot the pain lactic acid causes :D:D

I spent a lot of time in gyms when I was in my twenties and played around with it a few years ago, but this time its for real

I used to lift fairly heavy but those days are gone now and I could never get enough protein in to fuel the gargantuan sessions I used to get through, so rebuilding muscle tone rather than muscle is the target for this old chuffer now.

Keep us informed of your progress honey

Julie it will get easier (honest!!). You are going to feel it 1st off but when your body starts adapting you'll be fine and so much fitter for your op so your recovery should be alot better. Good luck for the next sessionxx

julie if by going to the gym gets you to where i was pre op and gives you the recovery and journey i have had post op because of yr efforts to get fit good luck. I really believe that my recovery has been as good as it was because i was so fit.
take care
carole

i can't agree more with Carole on this, i started back at the gym on 3rd June after my initial appt with my surgeon, and i gave it ''Billy Big Beans'' till my surgery date on the 25th August, i lost 2 stone 5lbs along with a strict diet, was and felt much fitter, i think it seriously helped me recover as quick as i have, look at it this way, it ain't gonna hurt!! plus you're giving your lungs and heart a good work out, which again, can only aid you, best of luck with it, i'm hoping to be back next week for some light treadmill work :eek:

Thanks for the encouragement especially Carole's. I think i just need to realise 300lb aint gonna manage what the skinny mini's do. If i can get on a bike and a walker for 30 minutes to start then its 30 minutes more exercise than i'll get at home.

My initial reason for going was to get fitter but also to get some muscle. Apart from as little walking as i can get away with at home i don't exercise (shame on me i know) so if i have hardly any muscle anyway after my op if my body fancies a muscle munch i'll have none left. Figured i'd try and build up what little i do have :)

Thanks again, and for those not brave enough, bite the bullet and go in. They won't bite you....

Julie i appaude yr attitude well done. I used to do the aerobics and toning classes for the over 50's so it was gentle but effective, as well as swimming and aqua aerobics i was only 44. I was back swimming 11 days post op (key hole) and as i got lighter and fitter progressed to the gym as well as swimming and aqua arobics.
Im finding swimming harder going at the moment as i no longer float as well as i used too lol

well done honey it takes a lot off hard work to loose so much weight.the gym does get easyer the more you go,i used to do the gym 2 times aweek then went swimming 2 or 3 times aweek as it helped sooth those poor muscles and its great exercise good luck you've started great keep going x x x x x x x x x

Yup - it ain't workin if it ain't hurtin ( as they say...badly!). It gets easier - stick at it then befor you know it, you will be addicted to the endorphine release!

well done you for stepping in there and getting on with it,.. and to your hubby :)

Those step things are awful though, I used to go regularly to the gym about 3 years ago and got so into it Id go in the morning then go again after I had fed the kids tea.!! I never went on those stairmaster things ever as I have painful knees and that wouldnt have helped.

Im off swimming when staples are out tomorrow, well only if they say ok. But have got my bike ready to trundle down the hill on, ditch and ring hubby for a lift home lol.:p

Keep up the positive attitude as that along with a healthier you will get you through the op easily :)

well done you for stepping in there and getting on with it,.. and to your hubby :)

Those step things are awful though, I used to go regularly to the gym about 3 years ago and got so into it Id go in the morning then go again after I had fed the kids tea.!! I never went on those stairmaster things ever as I have painful knees and that wouldnt have helped.

Im off swimming when staples are out tomorrow, well only if they say ok. But have got my bike ready to trundle down the hill on, ditch and ring hubby for a lift home lol.:p

Keep up the positive attitude as that along with a healthier you will get you through the op easily :)

just remember...no cycling for 12 weeks elffie!! that's my staple exercise...was hacked off being told it, but treadmill/walking and light weights is all we can do :sigh:

ack wasnt told 12 weeks, then again I didnt have a bike so never asked lol:rolleyes: Ah well thats that then for another 10 weeks ! when by then it will be pouring with rain every day and snowing lol:p
Might have to ask about my pilates chair then. Till then its trainers on and off i toddle round the valley:D

ack wasnt told 12 weeks, then again I didnt have a bike so never asked lol:rolleyes: Ah well thats that then for another 10 weeks ! when by then it will be pouring with rain every day and snowing lol:p
Might have to ask about my pilates chair then. Till then its trainers on and off i toddle round the valley:D

the physio said to me nothing that you'd strain your abs with, riding even an exercise bike makes you clench your abs, risking a hernia, so nowt that'll contract your core muscles, no sit ups/crunches, no gym ball ab exercises, no heavy weights, no rower, basically, treadmills and very light weights :sigh:

Well done to you & hubby it's a great start to your weight loss journey & an even greater approach to the pre diet & the op, when your time comes you will be in a very good place mentally,wishing good luck & it really does get easier - I can't wait to get back to the gym!!!

Just wanted to say, You are doing really well and the first steps to the gym are the hardest ones, but you have done it and your gonna do great!! It will pay in the long run and will be so worth it in the very end when you see the results.
Keep up with the good work and wishing you all the very best on your weightloss journey!!! x

Back