• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

Can we all just be serious a minute and everybody stop what they're doing and listen to me.

Where the hell is my port?
All my wounds are healing well.
3 tiny ones, one slightly bigger and one longer in the centre.
But I've poked around and for the life of me can't find a port.

I don't need it for a month, but if anyone's seen it, let me know.

Left hand side, somewhere near the biggest scar. Lay on your back and raise your legs, then have a feel for it. This tightens up your core, pushing the port to the front.

Can we all just be serious a minute and everybody stop what they're doing and listen to me.

Where the hell is my port?
All my wounds are healing well.
3 tiny ones, one slightly bigger and one longer in the centre.
But I've poked around and for the life of me can't find a port.

I don't need it for a month, but if anyone's seen it, let me know.

Can't help as Iam bypass. But do they not X-ray you to find your port when you are due your fill.
I cud be talking utter garbage but that wud be my guess.

Your port position will vary as each surgeon has their favourite spot. But it's probably under your biggest scar.

The more lard you lose the more pokey it becomes, and you will also get the tube between the actual band and the port showing eventually as well. It's a bit weird. When you can feel it, it will feel enormous.

Mine spent 8 months moving around me, like frogspawn, it was shudderingly gross :eek:

On a much more sensible note..... sprouts ROCK. I love sprouts, for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner, yummy yummy scrummy. :eat:

I bloody love sprouts.
However, to rock is a big thing. I'm not convinced they rock.

Thanks for the port info.

How much have you lost?

I think sprouts have had so much in breeding since I was a child that they aren't the same anymore, they don't smell so much when cooked, don't make you/me fart, but sooooo yummy :D

Franky, I lost 35kg in 10 months with my band and 5kg with my bypass. Bands works IF you follow and keep following the rules. Mine had to go as the port was a complete nightmare, band itself worked a treat though.

In hindsight I should have 'manned' up and got a bypass to start with, but that wouldn't have happened in a gazillion years ;)

And £20K !!!!!!!!

Your port position will vary as each surgeon has their favourite spot. But it's probably under your biggest scar.

The more lard you lose the more pokey it becomes, and you will also get the tube between the actual band and the port showing eventually as well. It's a bit weird. When you can feel it, it will feel enormous.

Mine spent 8 months moving around me, like frogspawn, it was shudderingly gross :eek:

On a much more sensible note..... sprouts ROCK. I love sprouts, for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner, yummy yummy scrummy. :eat:

Yep I can see and feel my port and tubing ... Hard port feels just like the pics you see on the Internet of a port as my bodies shrunk the position of my port has changed. It used to be under my largest scar but now its three inches higher :eek: freaky. If we are talking veg ... Mmmm my dinner was smoked cod loin, poached egg, French beans and asparagus. No sprout or parsnip in sight ... Gotta share the love :rolleyes:

Winner winner - pea and ham dinner!!!

What a soup!!!

Now I'm scared that tomorrow's chicken noodle soup just will not be able to compare.

I can feel my port under my biggest scar. It's really weird being able to feel something under the skin that wasn't there before!

I saw a blog from a woman whose port had come loose and it looked like she had an alien baby trying to escape from her stomach, ewww.

Winner winner - pea and ham dinner!!!

What a soup!!!

Now I'm scared that tomorrow's chicken noodle soup just will not be able to compare.

You wait til mushies sweetie, a whole WORLD of mash opens up.

You've been might quiet lately. Hope you've not been frightened off.

Come on housewives favourite whats the vegetable for today.

How your weight loss journey going?

Back