• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

I had mr super too THG though and he was fab I loved it. Hope all continues to go smoothly for you

I've done the hoovering today!
Not too bad!
I'm going to go out for a bit tomorrow.
I've had 3 glasses of milk and 3 of squash so far today, so I'm getting the liquids down me.
I've got a tin of oxtail soup that I'm going to dilute and strain in a bit.
I'm not hungry at all, just trying to get goodness on board.
I've watched lots of telly and played on my xbox loads - which is rare for me!
I think in getting on the cats nerves, so like I say, tomorrow I'm going to drive to the shops and have a half hour walk round.
Wounds all seem ok, shoulder pain has died right down, just the left hand side of my stomach a bit sore when changing position.
I'm getting there.
Hopefully I'm losing weight too!

Great news that you're feeling better! What size band did you get, did they give you a fill to start you off?

What size?
Not once have I heard that tgere was a size option?!
Or that it might be pre filled.
So I can't answer that I'm afraid!

Didn't they give you the lap band box to take home with the special needle in it (to take to a hospital in an emergency)?

There is a 10ml band and a 14ml I believe, and sometime the surgeon puts in a fill when he fits it.

I asked and mine is 10ml and it's empty - it would be useful for you to know!

No. They didn't give me that.
I'm going to look through the paperwork now to see if there's any further info.
Thanks.

I guess it won't make to much difference, I'm still only having about 400 calories a day.
Surely I can't fail to be losing weight. X

I just checked all my paperwork I left the hospital with. None of it mentions the size of the band.
Just a laparoscopic band.

And I just phoned them!
Nothing in my band at the moment.
The lady was happy with what I'm consuming.
I just need to up my water a bit.
Thanks.

Out of nowhere in the last 20 minutes, unbelievable sharp pains in my shoulders.
After a day of nearly no pain.
Oww!!!!

Hi frankyboysh7 how are you doing? I'm going for a gastric wrap in 2 weeks in Czech. Started the pre op yesterday struggling a bit with it feel so hungry. Nice to see another male on here lol I'm 29 and currently weigh 19.7 stone. You?

Hey mate. How comes you're going to Czech?
I'm 34 and almost 30 stone. I just got banded on Saturday.
Good luck my friend. Surely you only have 5 stone or so to lose?

So, after experiencing really bad and sharp shoulder pain directly after eating last night, I had a good nights sleep.
Just looking at my wounds, they're all very neat, and healing nicely.
Which one is from the port?
The one in the middle is the longest, there's one slightly shortly to the left and then 3 much smaller ones. But I can't feel any port at all.
I guess that's a good thing!
I'm planning on going out to a shopping centre in a few hours. Stock up on some soups and get a good walk round.
I hope everyone is well.

Thanks for your reply mate, im going there as it's cheaper than the uk and I simply can't afford to have it done here, I went with the wrap as a friend had it done and results were amazing. I would like to lose 5 stone to be at target. I was 26 stone and like you with lighter life got down to 16stone. I was really chuffed but unfortunately fell back into bad eating habits and went back up to 21. I have lost a couple but have been up and down for a while and it's basically making me miserable. This is hopefully going to give me the chance to re train my brain and portion sizes as I can eat for Britain lol. Like u I lived in London and commute daily from Essex now

Good luck mate.
You sound like you know what you want.
And you've lost weight before.
This time, whatever you lose will stay off.

Did your pain in the shoulder go? A hot water bottle might make it go off a bit, its wind have you got any windeze?
Hope you were ok shopping, Mr Super put me a 10ml and only 1ml in im having a fill next week bit terrified. If i lie flat and feel around my biggest scar its hard so guessing thats the port.

I couldn't feel my port at all, but it's behind my biggest scar - the nurse thankfully found it with no issues at all!
Enjoy the shopping:)

Someone please help me with constipation.

It's getting worse. I haven't been in 9-10 days.
I know I'm on liquid, but I can tell there's stuff to come out, but it won't budge.

Any serious advice appreciated.

Does it feel like there's a hard poo blocking the way? That's what I had, aka an impacted colon. I took movicol, it stops the bowel reabsorbing water, so keeps everything soft. It's expensive, but I would have paid ten times the amount I was so desperate.
Hope you find something that works.

Back