• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

You will see places such as THG giving 4-5mls or so at time of fill

Not always. I'm with THG and my band is empty - so are others. I think it varies depending on the surgeon and patient.

Some they do, some they don't, but they wouldn't put fills in at the time of fitting if there was any risk, I'm sure.

Ha, you can let off a "fill day firework" Franky!

I just want to clarify if I may Hun, I know not every patient with THG does have fluid in at the time and I wasn't suggesting in what I wrote that there was a risk. But simply commenting to Franky as we are both with HW why they do what they do at time of surgery and afterwards because in their experiences it is what they have found works best. And it was applicable to him as HW is his provider and he wasn't aware of band sizes or fills at time etc :)

They also (HW) have different guidelines for eating etc post fills, but please do not think I was suggesting there was risk with other providers as I wasn't suggesting that at all :)

Last edited:
Thanks very much. Appreciate that.
My band fill is booked for 5th November.
Remember remember.

You won't forget that date lol are you having your fill in Birmingham too?

Have you got your HW timer yet? If not ask for one at your fill, I only got mine 3 weeks ago lol but great and handy for following their 30/3020 eating rule :)

No, fills for me are in London.
Much easier.
I got the egg timer through the post a week before the operation.
Nice little touch that!

No, fills for me are in London.
Much easier.
I got the egg timer through the post a week before the operation.
Nice little touch that!

Ok so following through the posts can you explain the egg timer etc Franky?

You won't forget that date lol are you having your fill in Birmingham too?

Have you got your HW timer yet? If not ask for one at your fill, I only got mine 3 weeks ago lol but great and handy for following their 30/3020 eating rule :)
Hi Kat as Im with THG can you elaborate on the 30/3020 rule please..Im intrigued xx:)

It's a basically a variation on the 20/20/20 rule. 30 chews per mouthful, 30 seconds wait before putting the fork to your lips, and eat for no longer than 20 minutes at a sitting.

So I've just spent the day with my mum. And my first real time integrating with society following my banding last Saturday.
Went to a boot fair.
I bought some decent records.
Then we went to a shopping centre and I bought her lunch at a coffee bar.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwich.
It looked and smelt bloody lovely.
I had a cup of tea with skimmed milk.
Not quite as lovely.
But it was cool.
Not hungry at all.
Not bothered.
I've also started making plans for nights out at Xmas etc.
I'm not letting the band hold me back socially - I'm working with it and using it as the tool it is.
A good day.

Chocolate milk and football now. X

I agree - the band shouldn't affect us being sociable, we just have to adapt a bit, and hopefully if successful we will be around far longer, to enjoy being sociable :talk017:

So I've just spent the day with my mum. And my first real time integrating with society following my banding last Saturday.
Went to a boot fair.
I bought some decent records.
Then we went to a shopping centre and I bought her lunch at a coffee bar.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwich.
It looked and smelt bloody lovely.
I had a cup of tea with skimmed milk.
Not quite as lovely.
But it was cool.
Not hungry at all.
Not bothered.
I've also started making plans for nights out at Xmas etc.
I'm not letting the band hold me back socially - I'm working with it and using it as the tool it is.
A good day.

Chocolate milk and football now. X

Sounds great! Glad you're getting out and had a good day.

How funny, we went to Costa coffee yesterday, the other half had a cheese and ham toastie that smelt delicious. I had a skimmed milk latte.

But it was OK.

franky I really enjoy reading your posts! wishing you all the best,and keep counting down!

I would say most banders don't dump so you were unlucky chummy ... But I may be proven wrong

Apparently that's a myth......banders are very capable of dumping something to do with your new system removing the fat and sugars. I was fine one day with hot choc then dumped the next. So my provider says. I too though banders didn't do this.

Lets hope it's not and your ok.

Don't get me wrong, I made it to the toilet!
It was just very loose.
It wasn't a mad dash, it was cool.
I'm unsure if that's dumping or just the result of DulcoEase on Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday morning.
All good though.

Oh prob the wee tablet. I don't know how you can take them so regularly, I'm sure I would have lost my internal organs by now if I was taking them as you do. But glad to hear they've worked for you.
Used to enjoy my hot choc as a treat before bed not now. Hope work goes well. Xx

You might find that you dumped on the chocolate milk. I did when I had hot choc.

I didn't think Banders 'Dumped'...do we :confused:

Back